ZEKARI jeep tour
Off road adventure straight to Imeretin's door to heaven!
accommodations: 2 on zekari
NUMBER of people: 8 max
term: 1.07 to 30.09
NUMBER OF DAYS: 3 | Accommodation: 2 on Zekari
NUMBER of people: 8 max
Term: 1.07 to 30.09
Zekari Jeep Tour
Zekari Jeep Tour
It's three days of unforgettable off road adventure! We will go on a jeep tour to Zekari Pass and its surroundings. We have been exploring this area for the past 6 years. Together with our friends, local herders, we develop tourism in a sustainable way. We respect the local culture, unique ethnography and traditions. We got to know many unusual places, we tested many trails, roads, which we want to show you now!
Zekari Pass is located on the border of two regions: Imeretiya and Samcche-Djavakhetiya. It is dominated by Didmaghali peak which reaches 2 580 m above sea level. You need a very good off-road vehicle for this route, so we will take you there in our reliable Mitsubishi Delica with an experienced driver. Kote, Lasha, Rezo and Ika know these trails like the back of their hand! For larger groups we have our legendary off-road retro bus #Kavzuka! No roads are afraid of him, for the third year we drive him through the famous Svaneti Loop to Mestia.
During our jeep tour we offer accommodation in a unique place that we created together with local shepherds. We are of course talking about our #ZekariWindow! Our cottage, tents and technical facilities with sanitary and catering part are waiting for you! On site our cook will prepare delicious, fresh meals for you. ZekariWindow is located in the village of Kvasakdari, at an altitude of 2,200 m. This area is often called Imeretin Tushetia. due to its nature. However, they are much less known!
Zekari jeep tour
View from Zekari
Here you will rest from the Internet and your phone, which will be useful only to capture beautiful moments in photos. With a bit of luck we may meet a herd of galloping wild horses. We will feast by the bonfire, Georgian dishes, aromatic wine and cognac under the starry sky! From this place we will see the wonderful sunset and sunrise, and sometimes mountains and valleys under a quilt of clouds!
Our off-road tour takes you to:
- The two most wonderful waterfalls in Khani villagewhich is known for its cheeses and the distinctive method of storing them in kvevri (clay amphorae). From the village to the beginning of the hiking trail to the waterfalls leads an extreme off-road, mountain road. Overcoming it will provide us with a pleasant shot of adrenaline right from the start! The place we are going to is not affected by mass tourism. Waterfalls are hidden in the rocks covered with green moss, where wild nature captivates with its mystery. The waterfalls themselves are reached by a hiking trail that looks like something out of Jurassic Park! The route to and from the falls will take us about 2-3 hours.
- Zegani Villages, which we will reach through difficult areas, full of natural obstacles and amazing views. Along the way we will visit three shepherd families that live here only in the summer season.
- To the picturesque Valleys of the Caucasus Eagles over the hill Didmaghali. The valley offers a beautiful view of the Samcche-Djavacheti region.
- The highest located village in Imeretia region - Ivlita. One of the oldest roads in Georgia leads to it, which belonged in part to the Silk Road. Alexander of Macedon, Pompey's Roman legion, Ottomans, Persians and Mongols passed through this area.
We will take part in a feast in a cottage at the place of our friendly shepherds. You will learn about local folklore, traditions, cuisine, and unique cheeses (imeretinsky, sulguni) made by the shepherds who live on Zekari. You will also enjoy fresh kefir, cottage cheese, and still warm milk served straight from the cow at breakfast. Every year during the summer season, according to a tradition passed down from generation to generation, shepherds graze their herds of cows here. The unique climate, altitude, air quality, and subalpine meadows contribute to the incredible taste of these cheeses.
To say goodbye to Zekari we will take a walk to Didmahgali mountain. On the way back we will stop at the Sairme Resort, which offers thermal water pools and a salt cave.
We will finish our trip with wine tasting and a supra at the home of an Imereten winemaker, a naturalist who makes wine in kvevri (clay amphoras) according to a tradition that is 8000 years old! His wines are known among the best sommeliers Europe. While drinking these unique wines you will learn about their history, told by the host himself.
#Kavzuka on Zekari
- The tour starts and ends in the center of Kutaisi.
- Our jeep tour lasts 3 days and we organize it from the beginning of July to the end of September.
- In the car Mitsubishi Delica, for the comfort of our guests we take maximum 5 people, and in the off road retro bus #Kavzuka 15 people.
- We speak Polish, English, German, Russian and of course Georgian.
- In order to keep the privacy and magic of Zekari place one group per one term.
- The tour is realized only after previous reservation.
- As a perfect addition to a longer stay in Georgia we recommend our one-day trips.
- Accommodation (Two in the mountains and the third in Kutaisi in Hostel Kutaisi by Kote)
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, campfire, feasts, cheese, wine, chicha and cognac tasting).
- Full service of our ZekariWindow base camp. Preparation of hut, tents, meals, feast, campfire, drinking water supply, hot water for showers, etc.
- Care of Polish-speaking guide, pilot and our team at ZekariWindow.
- Wine tasting and supra with the winemaker.
- Off-road with a professional driver.
- Transfer from Kutaisi to Zekari and back.
Price not included:
- Flight tickets.
- Spa at Sairme Resort.
- Personal expenses.
- Insurance. We encourage you to buy in Poland.
If you are interested in this tour write to us and book your individual expedition!