dream adventure in Georgia. alpine meadows in IMETRETI in the middle of the small and large Caucasus
NUMBER OF DAYS: 2 NUMBER OF NIGHTS: 1 NUMBER OF PERSONS: 4 to 15. JEEP TOUR TERM: 1.07 to 30.09
NUMBER OF DAYS: 2 |NUMBER OF NIGHTS: 1| NUMBER OF PERSONS: 4 - 15. |
JEEP TOUR | TERM: 1.07. to 30.09.
We would like to invite you to our original programme "Zekari Safari" - it is a two-day trip to the village of Kvasakdari in the Imeretii mountains in the middle of the Lesser and Greater Caucasus, located at an altitude of 2,200 m! Here we will stay in our tourist camping base #Zekariwindow. It is near the road leading to Zekari Passwhich is the border of two regions Imeretii and Samcche-DjavakhetiAbove #Zekariwindow is the Didmaghali peak - 2,580 m. This place is located away from the daily chaos, where nature really rests. Here you will learn about the ethnography and traditions of high mountain villages and the life of shepherds in alpine glades full of herds of cows and wild horses.
mountains in the Imereti Region
We will be sleeping in tents at our base camp on #Zekariwindow. Zekari is a wild place, with no infrastructure or even internet or phone signal coverage! (We have a satellite phone for safety, and are working with local security services and shepherds). Everything will be taken care of on the ground by our team, which already has 5 years of experience in organizing such events on Zekari:
- Polish-speaking guides together with a local during the entire stay will show you this unique area. On site we guarantee hot water, electricity to charge electronic devices, wood for campfire, heating and cooking.
- A hunter will ensure the protection of our base from wild animals. Our chef will prepare delicious regional dishes for you, including shashliks and trout straight from the fire, there will also be vegetarian and vegan dishes.
During this amazing trip we will host you in Georgian way and show you the magical nature in Imereti. We ensure you to get to know and taste the regional cuisine and Imereti wines. The local cheeses deserve special attention. These are some of the best cheeses in Georgia - "Zekari Sulguni" and "Imeretin Cheese" from which the world famous khachapuri is made.
The unique atmosphere of all this is added by our retro bus #Kavzuka with Ika driving and Lasha, Kote, Rezo, Gia, Demuri, David, Makho, Kakha with their off-road vehicles.
A campfire feast and active time surrounded by fabulous nature awaits you on this wonderful two-day trip to #Zekariwindow. You will understand for yourself on the spot why this is a traveler's dream.
Together with our friends, local shepherds, we develop tourism in a sustainable way. We respect local culture, unique ethnography, traditions and nature. All our expeditions are organized in a way that ensures cleanliness and order in the visited places. We want to preserve their uniqueness and naturalness.
"Zekari Safari" Program
- Start from Kutaisi at 9:30 am.
- Our first stop will be in Baghdadi, where we will visit the museum of a 20th-century poet Włodzimierz Majakowski, who was born in this city.
- We will stop by the four-star Sairme Resort with mineral healing waters that you will be able to taste. Those willing will be able to go on the longest zip-line in Georgia here!
- After a break in Sairme in about an hour drive on a gravel road surrounded by rocks and rich flora we will reach the "Red Glade". It is located at an altitude of about 2000 m. From here we can see beautiful views of the Van mountains and Mount Didmaghali.
- At the foot of Didmaghali mountain we will stop at #Zekariwindow our tourist camping base. Here you can hike around the area, relax with a unique 360 degree view from the Lesser to Greater Caucasus. Together we will pitch the tents, prepare a campfire. Along with the shepherds we will treat you with Imereti dishes, wine and of course Zekari cheese. You will also be able to try to make such cheese yourself. We will spend rest of the day on an integrative Georgian feast by the fire. We will sleep in tents (you can take your own tent or rent one from us). In our base we provide all cooking facilities with our cook in the lead, hot water, camping shower, electricity to charge electronic devices, base protection by hunter from wild animals.
- We will eat breakfast in nature, drink coffee with a wonderful view.
- Depending on weather conditions we can choose for this day three trekking routes or jeep tour to Zekari Pass and the highest located village in Imereti region - Ivlita. One of the oldest roads in Georgia "Zekari Pass" leads to it, which belonged in part to the Silk Road. Alexander of Macedonia, Roman legion of Pompey, Ottomans, Persians and Mongols passed through this area. We will stay with local shepherds. We will go for a short walk overlooking the Abastumiani observatories and the Javakheti region. Over breakfast, the whole group will choose the day's activities together.
- After the trek/jeep tour, we will return to base camp where we will eat delicious trout straight from the campfire.
- After sunset we will set off on our way back to Kutaisi.
Fresh Imeretin cheese
- We organize trips from the beginning of July till the end of September.
- We rent two-person tents, priced at 10 euros per tent, per day.
- Groups of 4 to 6 people will be taken by off-road vehicle, and 7 to 15 people by bus #Kavzuka
- We speak Polish, English, German, Russian and of course Georgian.
- Tourist camping base #Zekariwindow and all tours are organized by prior reservation only.
- It is not possible to extend your stay on #Zekariwindow on your own
- If you are vegetarian or have other dietary restrictions that we should know about - let us know in advance. That way meals will be our pleasure together.
- Drive with a professional driver in an off-road vehicle or bus #Kavzuka
- Care of a certified guide
- Full service for our team at the #ZekariWindow tourist camping base (providing hot water, electricity, hunter protection of the base from wildlife, cook preparation of meals on site.
- Catering (feast, cheese tasting, breakfast, dinner)
- Wine with meals (it is possible to buy wine, chacha on the spot)
- Jeep tour or #Kavzuka bus tour to Ivlita village and "Zekari Pass" / or 3-4 hours guided trekking.
Price not included:
- Personal expenses.
- Tents (we rent two-person tents for €10 per tent, per day).
- Insurance. We encourage you to buy in Poland.
If you are interested in this tour write to us and book your individual expedition!