Winter in Georgia
SKI and SNOWBOARD in the High Caucasus in the Svaneti region
You are cordially invited to a winter trip to Georgia! We have prepared a great programme for an expedition to the High Caucasus to the Svanetia region! There are 2 modern ski slopes at the foot of the highest Georgian peaks with slopes for everyone!
Chairlift to the slopes in Mestia
Ushguli in winter
Waiting for you:
- Two uncrowded ski slopes TETNULDI and HATSVALI
- Delicious Georgian cuisine
- Excellent hotel Mestia Inn / მესტია ინი
- Care by our team throughout your stay
- Assistance with ski equipment hire
- Many additional attractions:
- Jeep tour to the village Ushguliwhich is entirely covered by UNESCO World Heritage List. It is the highest village in Europe and is inhabited all year round. Cosmic landscapes, medieval fortified towers, a view of the Lamaria monastery against the backdrop of the highest mountain Shkhara (5193 m). It is something that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime! You will walk among towers as old as 1,000 years! You will learn about the local folklore, the life of the inhabitants and their traditions.
- Sauna and banya overlooking the Caucasus
- Horseback riding
Programme at a glance:
DAY I - We will pick you up from Kutaisi airport and take you to our family guesthouse. You will be welcomed with a delicious dinner party with regional dishes, home-made wine. It will be a real Georgian supra (Georgian feast) with stacked dishes and toasts Tamady (master of ceremonies)!
Day II - The road from Kutaisi to Mestia.which will take around 6-7 hours. There will be stops along the route at points views. An extended lunch break is planned. We will arrive in Mestia in the late afternoon.
DAYS III-VI will be spent fantastic time in Mestia. Every day our team will organise transfers for you to the ski lift Hatsvali and Tetnuldi.
Ski slopes on Tetnuldi.
Ski slopes at Hatsvali.
DAY VII - After breakfast we will make our way back to the Kutaisiwhere, over a farewell dinner, we will reminisce about the winter craziness and raise a toast to future travels!
DAY VIII - Breakfast. Visit to the bazaar Kutaisi, where you will be able to buy local products. Transfer to the airport.
*In case of a later departure, we can organise a tour of the Kutaisi area for you.
- The tour is organized from 01.02 to 31.03.2022.
- The maximum number of persons is 20.
- The tour starts and ends in the center of Kutaisi.
- For interested people we will organize ski equipment rental
- Ski equipment can be taken with you (sports luggage on Wizzair costs £200 per way) or hired locally.
- For the non-skier, there is no shortage of activities. You can go on jeep tours, treks, walks in the countryside and enjoy the previously mentioned additional activities.
- If you have a special diet, are vege no problem, Georgian cuisine is very rich. Just let us know in advance.
- A visit to the banya and sauna overlooking Ushba Mountain. Ideal for relaxing after a day's skiing.
- Freeride, ski-touring - with a local certified guide.